Curried Chicken and Yellow Squash Stir-Fry
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 1 yellow squash (c. 1 to 1.5 cups chopped. This could be done with zucchini, I suppose.)
- 10 to 12 oz of chopped, fresh green beans (sub broccoli or snow peas, if you prefer; just get something green in there!)
- 1 medium onion
- curry powder
- 2 table spoons chopped garlic
- 1 table spoon fresh, chopped or grated ginger
- oil (Your preference. I don't really care what kind you use. I used safflower oil…whatever.)
(If I'd had them on hand, which I didn't when I made this dish pictured, I would have added red bell peppers and shiitake mushrooms, for both, colour and flavour, although with those, especially the mushrooms, I'd probably not use curry powder, but perhaps a little soy sauce.).
- Chop up all veggies and chicken.
- Place in hot wok or skillet with garlic, oil, and ginger
- sprinkle on curry powder to taste (pretty sure I used about 2 or 3 table spoons, myself).
- Stir fry until chicken is thoroughly cooked and squash is tender
- Serve over rice (optional) with chopsticks* and a cup of green tea* (*not optional).