Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast
- 1 large onion
- 1 or 2 red peppers
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3oz cream cheese
- 8oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- chop and sautée onion and pepper in oil
- slice chicken breast into strips and tenderize (place strips in ziplock baggy and beat with tenderizer, skillet, or something)
- start to sautée chicken in skillet with garlic until c. 70 to 80% done (c. 1 to 2 minutes).
- Add cream cheese, garlic, half (4oz) of the cheddar, and enchilada sauce to chicken and continue to sautée briefly until cheese is all gooey and melty.
- Layer chicken into 9×12 or 9×13 baking dish with any remaining sauce/cheese from pan.
- Top chicken with onions and peppers, sprinkle on remaining shredded cheddar cheese, chives, and black olives
- Bake at 425°F for 15 to 20 minutes
- Serve with frijoles refritos and topped with a dollop of sour cream